Sunday, May 19, 2013

6 HARSH TRUTHS


6 HARSH TRUTHS
1.       Are people okay with just sitting back and doing nothing rather than going out and getting what they want?
2.       Why are there people that work, who are supposed to be happy, so miserable?
3.       Why do people have to be selfish and not just accept a person for who they are, but accept them for what they can do for other people?

As a 19 year old community college student, I was totally fine my first semester with being at a JC and really just taking my time, thinking I wasn’t ready to go to a 4 year university. I was dead wrong. Going into my second semester I figured out that I was not happy just sitting back, getting my general eds done, working at a minimum wage job; doing nothing with my life. I was too lazy to apply to a 4 year college and came up with the excuses of that I wasn’t read or that I couldn’t afford it. At first I was okay with it, but once I saw my friends around me that were at 4 year universities and in sororities, I realized I had to get off my butt and make an effort to get what I wanted. Reading this article helped me realize that I can’t just sit back anymore and watch everyone else get what they want because they made an effort. I have to make an effort as well. Halfway through this semester I started looking at 4 years, figuring out what I could major in, what I wanted to make as my career, etc. Ive always loved make-up and I want to do it for movie sets, and although it is going to take a lot of work to get there, I will do what- ever it takes; even considering moving to LA. I recently got a job with a make-up company, getting my foot in the door and making an effort with my life. I don’t know how people can just sit there, knowing what they want, and waiting for it to come to them. It’s not going to happen. I agree that David Wong that you can’t keep making excuses for yourself every time something doesn’t go your way. Make the change to make possibilities for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment